So much has been going on the last couple of months, and this new blogging hobby of mine is the first thing to go when things get busy. That really stinks. I really like it when I have those 12 hits a day on my blog and when I’m not writing anything, people stop checking. I do not plan on making lofty promises of diligence in blogging because I think life is still going a little too crazy. But keep checking back and you might find little nuggets of amazingness. You’d think that between the time spent playing spider solitaire and watching Bachelor Pad, I’d find time to do important things like blog and order homeschool curriculum.
I like lists, so here’s a list of what we’ve been up to. You could call it a review of our life in July and August.
- Resigned from our current job
- Saw Wicked with friends
- Celebrated the boy’s adoption day
- Enjoyed visits from family and friends
- Packed our apartment
- Went to Memphis on a mission trip
- Stayed at my parents almost every weekend because our air kept breaking at our packed up apartment
- Found a new job and occupation
- Traveled to see Matt’s family in Michigan…had a blast!
- Finished packing up our hot apartment
- Moved in with my parents
- Put most of our stuff in storage for the next couple of months
- A beam fell on my head at our storage unit
- I kept telling my family I had a concussion. They didn’t believe me. My dad got hit by the same beam, but he’s bald so everyone could see his bruise. I couldn’t show proof, so no one cared.
- Sent Matt to Texas to work on our house there….Please sell it soon, God. Please.
- Began playing spider solitaire again after a 3 year hiatus
- Watched Bachelor Pad and lost 2 hours of my life
So there you have it. Plenty of excuses why this has not been first and foremost lately. Not to mention those three crazy kids I have that keep me hopping all day long. My plan for the next couple of months is to lay around and blog while my mom does all the work taking care of those little devils.
I plan on hog-tying my love while we are on vacation next week until he helps me get a better design on this little blog. I need all kinds of help with it.
Here are a few pics of things we’ve done the last 2 months.
I’m planning a heavy post in the next few days. God’s been teaching me some hard lessons, and I want to share.